Media Lifecycle Management (MLM)
Spectra Logic’s Media Lifecycle Management (MLM) helps ensure your data will be accessible when you need it by improving tape reliability. MLM promotes pain-free tape storage and gives you the freedom to truly maximize your storage investments and save IT costs.
Spectra Logic advances tape media administration by providing you with a tool that gives you important information to keep your tapes and data protected. Available only in Spectra Logic’s Tape Series libraries, Media Lifecycle Management records about 40 health related data points every time a tape is loaded, giving you vital statistical and diagnostic information that helps you proactively manage your tape media. By utilizing our Certified Media and BlueScale software together, you can manage, track, and report all facets of tape usage from creation to retirement—all consolidated within the same application you use to manage your library.
- Reduce media-related errors
- Monitor a tape’s health at any point during its lifecycle
- Leverage user-defined thresholds to protect critical data sets
- Quickly identify overused and underused media
- Identify when media should be retired
- Know when tape has been used in unplanned locations
- Simplify and improve troubleshooting
- Track and monitor cleaning media’s history