Storing digital evidence requires a solution that is cost effective, secure, scalable and accommodates long-term preservation of digital evidence.
- Digital evidence must be archived in native format
- Access to archived evidence must be restricted and only accessible to authorized investigators
- Requires a solution that is simple to use, cost effective and scalable
- Regulations and corporate policies mandate retention policies of digital evidence
- Digital evidence can be stored in a separate location for disaster recovery
Spectra provides a low-cost solution to store digital evidence. Evidence is archived for long-term retention inits native format, and active data is backed up on a scheduled or ad-hoc basis. Multiple copies of archive and backup data can be made to ensure data is available when needed.
- Automates archive and backup to one or multiple storage tiers – local disk, digital tape, offsite cloud (or any combination)
- Secures an encrypted copy to tape, which can be stored in a remote location and attack hardened against ransomware
Simple To Use
- Requires no additional IT staff or technical resources
- Archives data in the native format
- Provides a familiar drag-and-drop interface to all archive data
- Restricts access to preserved evidence
- Ensures data lasts for retention policies with built-in ‘Self Backup’ and ‘Self Migration’
Scalable and Cost Effective
- Delivers growth path from 100TB to tens of petabytes of data
- Allows you to avoid the recurring high costs of cloud storage
Stores other data outside
How it Works
- Backup and archive data with a simple drag and drop of file(s) into a preconfigured folder.
- Identify and archive data to the appropriate storage tier with Spectra StorCycle® software.
- Retrieve archived data via search from the StorCycle interface, or with the option to replace the archived files with an HTML link.