Digital Evidence Management
Digital evidence for police departments and court systems – from sources such as, videos, computers, mobile phones, documents, and any internet-connected device – is growing exponentially. Spectra provides a low-cost solution to store digital evidence. Evidence is archived for long-term retention in its native format, and active data is backed up on a scheduled or ad-hoc basis. Multiple copies of archive and backup data can be made to ensure data is available when needed.
- Digital evidence must be archived in native format
- Access to archived evidence must be restricted and only accessible to authorized investigators
- Requires a solution that is simple to use, cost effective and scalable
- Regulations and corporate policies mandate retention policies of digital evidence
- Digital evidence can be stored in a separate location for disaster recovery
Spectra provides a low-cost solution to store digital evidence. Evidence is archived for long-term retention inits native format, and active data is backed up on a scheduled or ad-hoc basis. Multiple copies of archive and backup data can be made to ensure data is available when needed.
- Automates archive and backup to one or multiple storage tiers – local disk, digital tape, offsite cloud (or any combination)
- Secures an encrypted copy to tape, which can be stored in a remote location and attack hardened against ransomware
Simple To Use
- Requires no additional IT staff or technical resources
- Archives data in the native format
- Provides a familiar drag-and-drop interface to all archive data
- Restricts access to preserved evidence
- Ensures data lasts for retention policies with built-in ‘Self Backup’ and ‘Self Migration’
Scalable and Cost Effective
- Delivers growth path from 100TB to tens of petabytes of data
- Allows you to avoid the recurring high costs of cloud storage
Stores other data outside
How it works?
- Backup and archive data with a simple drag and drop of file(s) into a preconfigured folder.
- Identify and archive data to the appropriate storage tier with Spectra StorCycle® software.
- Retrieve archived data via search from the StorCycle interface, or with the option to replace the archived files with an HTML link.
Secure your digital evidence efficiently and affordably
Discover how Spectra can simplify evidence storage, ensure compliance, and provide seamless access for authorized investigators.
"We have to store a lot of data for long periods of time. A single microscope can capture 10TB of data in as little as a few hours, and a published breakthrough on cancer research can take anywhere from a few years to a couple of decades. The BlackPearl and tape solution from Spectra provides a scalable and cost-effective way to store multiple data workflows with varying retention requirements."Jeffrey McDonald
The new library has just shy of 14,000 slots for tapes. We were able to easily move all 70 petabytes of existing data into the new system and have grown to 104 petabytes in sixze and have plenty of room for at least a year or two before we have to start thinking about expanding.HPC Linux Systems Engineer