Recognized for Product Innovation and Excellence in Secondary Storage
Boulder, Colo. – Dec. 29, 2020 – Spectra Logic, a leader in data storage and data management solutions, today announced that Spectra and its solutions won 10 top industry awards from a variety of prestigious industry publications and organizations in 2020.
- Top Brand for Secondary Storage in the U.S. — In a survey done by Coldago, an international research firm, Spectra Logic earned the top brand spot for Secondary Storage. The study addresses technology adoption, projects priorities and products/features, surveying end-users based in U.S. and Europe from the enterprise and SMB segments across several vertical markets.
- 2020 Digital Media World Awards — Spectra Logic’s StorCycle® Storage Lifecycle Management software earned gold in the 2020 Digital Media World Award in the Digital Asset Management category. Spectra’s StorCycle was recognized for its ability to bring visibility and insight to better manage storage volumes through intelligent tiering and data migration, while maintaining direct, consistent access to migrated assets and enhancing search capabilities with the use of metadata tags. The Digital Media World Awards give recognition to companies that use their products and services to push media opportunities forward, and develop new techniques and opportunities in broadcast content creation, delivery and management.
- The Cloud Awards – Best Hybrid Cloud Solution — Spectra Logic’s StorCycle was selected as a finalist in the international Cloud Computing Awards program, The Cloud Awards. StorCycle was recognized for enabling organizations to implement a more effective and efficient hybrid cloud solution which reduces data storage costs while optimizing data protection.
- The Storries — Spectra Logic’s StorCycle software was honored with the Storage Innovation of the Year award by Storage Magazine. This award recognizes Spectra’s innovation in providing one of the industry’s most effective storage lifecycle management software solutions to enhance IT infrastructures. With StorCycle, Spectra leads the industry in delivering modern storage lifecycle management by identifying, migrating, accessing and preserving large data sets for the entire lifespan of that data – be it short-term or forever.
- DCS Awards — Spectra Logic was recognized as the Vendor of the Year award winner for the 2020 DCS Awards. Spectra’s StorCycle software was also selected as a finalist for the Product of the Year category by the 2020 DCS Awards. The awards reward the achievements of the product designers, manufacturers, suppliers and providers operating in the data center arena in Europe.
- IT Europa IT & Software Excellence Awards — Spectra Logic’s BlackPearl RioBroker was selected as a finalist in the 2020 Innovating Technology Solution of the Year category. Finalist entries show a real understanding of customer requirements and deliver software to specification and time scale while meeting or exceeding agreed customer targets.
- Storage Magazine and SearchStorage’s Annual Products of the Year Award — Spectra Logic’s BlackPearl RioBroker was selected as a finalist in the Storage System and Application Software category. Now in its 18th year, Products of the Year compares the best in enterprise data storage hardware, software and services. The BlackPearl converged storage platform with RioBroker was lauded for its ability to tackle unstructured data by migrating data in open standard formats and tiering, without affecting applications. Finalists in this category exemplified modern enterprise data storage solutions that went beyond meeting high-performance and low-latency requirements.
- Network Computing Awards — Spectra Logic’s BlackPearl® Object Storage Disk Solution was selected as a finalist in the Storage Product of the Year category. The Network Computing Awards recognize vendors who excel in the computing, IT and storage domains, and whose products, solutions and projects promote innovation in the industry. Finalists are nominated by the magazine’s subscribers.
- CRN Women of the Channel Awards — Spectra’s Vice President of Corporate Marketing Betsy Doughty was recognized by CRN’s 2020 Women of the Channel list. The annual list highlights extraordinary women who exhibit thought leadership, channel expertise and innovative vision for driving channel growth. It is highly regarded as the definitive guide to the most powerful women in the channel.
“We are thrilled to accept these prestigious honors, especially during such a tough year, and appreciate the recognition for our hard work, innovation and customer focus,” said Betsy Doughty, vice president of corporate marketing, Spectra Logic. “To be recognized by such well-known and highly respected industry authorities is a reflection of our dedication to delivering superior data storage and data management solutions.”