Media and Entertainment: Areas of Expertise
Spectra’s solutions address the challenges of today’s broadcast from content storage to content “lifecycle” management, to multi-cloud integration for collaboration and business continuity
Driven by today’s market demand for greater efficiency and agility, coupled with modern technologies, broadcasters are shifting to all–digital workflows; and a robust storage strategy is key to empowering efficient media workflows. Unifying multi-tier storage, on-premises and cloud, proper tiering and lifecycle management with the many applications that drive modern collaborative content creation — from ingest, logging and asset management to editing, and ultimately archiving – makes ideal sense. In this new model, storage is much more than a data repository; it is the very heart of the workflow.
Benefits of Spectra Logic’s solutions:
- Optimize content storage through insight, intelligent lifecycle management and tiering
- Maximize content value via seamless integration with the leading digital media applications
- Form a local or globally accessible content storage repository
- Manage vital media assets seamlessly between on-premises and cloud solutions
- Focus on program innovation and digital transformation rather than infrastructure management
- Provide a wide range of disaster recovery and business continuity choices
- Expand storage capacity seamlessly to accommodate increases in image resolution, higher frame rates, and multi-camera sources.
- Store media assets as self-describing objects
- Retrieve media assets fully or partially, saving operational time
- Increase efficiency and boost productivity
Post & Production
Tools for greater efficiency, productivity and ultimate protection
With the shift to higher resolutions (4K, 8K) and the expected rise in content production, it is imperative to have better utilization of production storage as well as automation of workflows for greater efficiency and productivity. Spectra’s innovative storage and data management solutions help to automate the scanning and monitoring of content. Integrated lifecycle policies help automate the tiering of content on scalable storage for cost control and constant protection. Modern architectures provide flexibility for any type of workflow (including cloud) or storage, including nearline, object storage disk, tape for on-premise copies, remote sites, as well as any choice of cloud. Spectra’s solutions provide consolidation of sites and hybrid workflows, as well as collaborative work among users around the world.
- Scanning, reporting and intelligent tiering to lower costs and increase protection
- Addition of metadata tags for better management and faster access
- Integration of cloud and cloud based workflows
- Massively scalable nearline storage and object storage disk, tape and cloud
- Disaster recovery and business continuity planning
End-to-end solutions to deliver, protect and perpetuate stories and cultural heritage for today’s fan base and future generations
In sports, vast amount of highly valuable content is created due to the increasing number of cameras sources, UHD media, greater frame rates, and multiple delivery options. Immediate and long-term protection of these assets as well as timely access to new and legacy content is critical to creating and delivering stories quickly to the fan base. Spectra’s innovative solutions provide intelligent tiering and lifecycle management of assets, delivering superior protection while placing content on the right storage medium(s) to enable fast access to content when needed. Single name space coupled with Intelligent policies hydrate content from slower archives to faster storage devices to provide fast access to both recent and legacy content. Spectra’s modern architecture offers integration of cloud storage and multi-sites to activate content sharing, collaborating and protecting, while accommodating hybrid workflows and true business continuity strategies.
- Intelligent tiering and lifecycle management of sports assets
- Single name space for all copies of assets regardless of storage medium
- Policy-based hydration of archived assets on fast storage for quick concurrent access
- Integration of cloud and cloud-based workflows
- Massively scalable object storage disk and nearline storage
- Tape, cloud, remote site, disaster recovery and business continuity solutions
Storage and integrated content management solutions for corporate videos
Corporations more and more rely on in-house talent to create engaging video content for marketing, training, corporate communications, and other needs. Developing such sophisticated content to match the business needs requires storage and content management expertise to meet with the demands of video production and protection workflows. Spectra Logic storage and content lifecycle management solutions support end-to-end storage and video management workflows to provide organizations with the scale and flexibility needed to meet these challenges.
Spectra solution offerings provide:
- Seamless integration with production asset management applications to enhance workflows for greater efficiencies
- Intelligent tiering and lifecycle management to control costs and increase data protection
- Integrated with cloud for cloud-based workflows
- Massively scalable object storage disk and nearline storage without downtime
- Tape, cloud, and remote site for protection, disaster recovery and business continuity
- Scanning and reporting on production storage for intelligent tiering and ease of management
- Ability to add metadata tags to better manage content on tiers of storage
Comprehensive and proven solutions to migrate your content from legacy archive systems to a modern platform with minimal disruptions.
Our modern era demands solutions from reliable sources, and expects open standards to perpetuate access to content well into the future. The luxury of having large budgets, double paying due to legacy licensing models, and managing complicated multi-vendor solutions are a distant memory. Organizations now expect storage solutions to eliminate complexities, ease costs, and limit management burdens, all while being flexible enough to transform into cloud or hybrid solutions to ensure access from anywhere, any time. These are the driving factors behind the unprecedented migrations from legacy systems to modern platforms for greater efficiencies and to match organizations’ vision and drive for the future.
Our comprehensive migration solutions offer:
- Automated transfer of data from legacy systems to Spectra’s modern storage platforms
Minimal disruption to production process during migration; maintaining access to data (both legacy and new)
- Customizable solutions to fit individual customer needs
- Migration to new generations of tape, object storage disk, cloud, remote sites, etc.
- Elimination of proprietary file formats in archival repositories once and for all
- Seamless future migrations that become simple and transparent background tasks
Houses of Worship
Today’s churches rely more and more on video streaming for live services. Whether the congregation is closed entirely because of COVID or parishioners are unable to attend in person but want to stay connected, live streaming and recorded video enhances a church’s reach.
Many churches and houses of worship maintain in-house video production departments and advanced broadcast and streaming capabilities as one of the main pillars of their outreach programs. Successful programs at these organization often rely on open architectures, sophisticated data management, easy access to content, scalable multi-site or hybrid cloud media workflows, and seamless and economical media storage technology.
Active in-house video production creates an enormous amount of video and audio content that must be managed and retained throughout its lifecycle. Spectra Logic provides a range of modern end-to-end storage and content management solutions that enhance media workflows across sites as well as in a hybrid model between sites and clouds.