As we close out 2022, Spectra Logic has much to celebrate. Reflecting on the past year, we’ve accomplished a lot that makes us look forward to an even more successful 2023.
Here is a recap of some of our top achievements:
1) End User Success Stories: Spectra published a number of public case studies detailing deployments of Spectra storage solutions in 2022. Major use cases include helping IQVIA drive forward the future of healthcare with unparalleled technology and data management; supporting critical computational programs at the AWE; preserving invaluable Pueblan cultural heritage at Televisión de Puebla; helping CERN advance the boundaries of human knowledge; and enabling world-leading data-driven innovation at the Edinburgh International Data Facility, to name but a few. Spectra proudly helps prominent organizations across several vertical markets around the globe transform their IT infrastructures with modern data management and storage solutions. See more Spectra case studies here.
2) Industry Conferences and Events: Spectra Logic team members were thrilled to meet with customers and partners in person again as industry conferences and events returned for 2022. In April, Spectra shared the latest innovations in data management and storage at NAB 2022. David Feller, Spectra’s vice president of product management and solutions engineering, discussed optimizing hybrid cloud workflows at the Wasabi partner theatre and presented a session on Architecting Modern Workflows to Optimize Digital Solutions at the Broadcast Engineering and IT (BEIT) Conference at NAB. In May, Spectra headed to ISC High Performance 2022 in Germany. Spectra’s CTO Matt Starr joined partner Arcitecta and visionary HPC organizations Novartis and NCI Australia in a Birds-of-a-Feather session to share expertise on effective data management for HPC. In Dallas this November for SC22, Spectra’s CTO Matt Starr revisited the topic and discussed the impact of data management on HPC workloads at the 2022 Supercomputing conference. He was joined by session leaders from Sandia National Laboratories, Arcitecta, and NCI Australia. Spectra also presented a deep dive into how centralizing multi-cloud data management can maximize the value of HPC cloud initiatives at SC22’s Exhibitor Forum.
Spectra shared its experiences and insights from this year’s industry tradeshows and events at a virtual conference called SpectraLIVE: In Case You Missed It Edition. Catch the recorded sessions here.
3) Spectra News:
- Spectra Logic announced a new partnership with the iRODS Consortium to provide a glacier*-like tier of storage for data-driven organizations. The combined solution enables customers to use industry-standard cloud interfaces for on-premises disk and on-premises glacier* storage with object tape, while unlocking multi-site/multi-cloud capabilities. Get the details on the iRODS integration here. Learn more about other Spectra technology partners here.
- Spectra announced enhancements to its Vail Data Management Software. New Vail features accelerate performance for standard S3 and on-premises glacier-like storage and improve ransomware resiliency.
- Spectra unveiled its seventh annual Data Storage Outlook Report that serves as a planning tool for IT professionals as it explores how the world manages, accesses, uses and preserves its ever-growing data repositories now and into the future.
4) Awards: Spectra Logic was recognized by a number of prestigious organizations who identified Spectra Logic and our solutions as being at the top of our industry in 2022. This year’s award lineup includes awards for Product of the Year and Best of Show from well-known organizations like the Cloud Awards, Storage Magazine and TechTarget SearchStorage, NAB Show, TVBEurope, IBC and the IABM. For a full list of Spectra’s industry awards, click here.
Visit our press room page for a full list of our 2022 announcements.
*Amazon Glacier is a registered trademark of Amazon Technologies, Inc.