As we close out calendar year 2019 and our 40th year in business, Spectra Logic has much to celebrate. Here is a recap of some of our top achievements:
1) Product Announcements: In September 2019, Spectra debuted StorCycle, our new storage management software solution that streamlines the way organizations identify, manage, protect and access their growing amounts of data. General availability was announced the first week of December. StorCycle’s extensive roadmap will continue to help Spectra develop new markets and drive both software and hardware sales.
2) Customer Wins: The year 2019 brought about several deployments of Spectra storage solutions to important customers, including STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oak Ridge National Laboratory and Tennis Australia, to name but a few. Case studies were also published for previous Spectra technology installations at the University of Notre Dame and University of Bristol.
3) Technology Developments: Spectra announced several new tape enhancements to its family of storage solutions in 2019. Spectra® Swarm was announced in April, and adds Ethernet connectivity to Spectra LTO tape libraries. Advancements to the tape library family this year also included BlueScale® software availability for the Spectra Stack Tape Library.
Spectra also expanded its BlackPearl® Converged Storage System with the release of a new data mover, BlackPearl RioBroker, that speeds file transfers, streamlines workflows and scales out BlackPearl in both performance and capacity to accommodate growing amounts of digital assets.
4) New Partnerships: Spectra expanded its worldwide footprint this year, launching new partnerships with west coast distributor PAC Data and CIS Group Corporation in Brazil. Spectra also announced a number of new technology integrations for its BlackPearl® Converged Storage System. Glookast, axle ai, Arcitecta’s Mediaflux, Imagine Communications’ Nexio Motion, Tiger Technology’s Tiger Bridge and Marquis Postflux for Adobe Premiere have all become certified clients in 2019. TransMedia Dynamics’ Mediaflex-UMS is integrated via the BlackPearl RioBroker interface.
5) Awards:Spectra Logic was recognized by a number of prestigious organizations who identified the company and its solutions as being at the top of the data storage industry in 2019. The award lineup includes awards for Storage Product of the Year, Technology Innovator of the Year, Data Center Vendor of the Year, Object Storage Vendor of the Year and being a Top 10 HPC Solution Provider, among others. For a full list of Spectra’s industry awards, click here.
Visit our press room page for a full list of our 2019 announcements.