Spectra is Open and an Essential Business
The entire Spectra Logic team wants you to know that we hope you and your family stay healthy and safe. To that end, Spectra is complying with all government mandates and protocols to ensure that we minimize the spread of COVID-19 while staying operational and open for business to support our customers and any critical infrastructures.
Spectra Logic is open for business. We will continue processing orders. To our suppliers, please continue shipping our purchase orders as usual.
Consistent with the U.S. President’s guidelines: “If you work in a critical infrastructure industry, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, you have a special responsibility to maintain your normal work schedule.”
Developing and servicing data storage and data management solutions in all forms of data storage, including archive, backup, cold storage, private and public cloud, Spectra Logic supplies goods and services directly to businesses involved in critical infrastructure, computer services, communications, hospitals and viral infection research centers in the Healthcare industry, as well as to multiple federal, state and local Governmental Agencies.
Therefore, Spectra Logic is considered an Essential Business, is part of the supply chain associated with critical infrastructure, healthcare and governmental agencies, and is exempt from various current orders issued for residents and businesses. We have Self-Certified ourselves as an Essential Business in accordance with the rules and regulations promulgated by the State of Colorado and are complying with “continue normal work schedules” notices received from critical infrastructure federal agencies and contractors.
Spectra Logic is continuing operations with reduced staff and with all due and appropriate precautions to protect the health and safety of our workers engaged in our work. This includes Executive Order 2020-10, 15, identifying certain Social Distancing Requirements and Minimum Basic Operations, which must be followed to the greatest extent feasible.
If you have any questions regarding Spectra Logic’s exemption from Stay-At-Home, Shelter-In-Place or similar order, please contact:
Vice President and General Counsel
Spectra Logic Corporation
Spectra Logic Coronavirus Policy
Spectra Logic Corporation COVID-19 policy is in effect and is designed to help protect our associates, customers and partners form the spread of the virus. As an essential company, Spectra Logic is committed to run its business effectively through this pandemic and service our customer’s data storage needs.
- Travel to any foreign countries with State Department Level 3 or higher advisory is prohibited
- Travel to or from US locations with community transmission defined as “Yes” by the CDC is prohibited for Spectra associates or Spectra Visitors, see graph in this link (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html)
- Any associate that is showing any symptoms of an illness MUST stay home until they have been symptom free for over 72 hours (without the use of fever reducing medicine)
- If associate is exposed to anyone with COVID-19 they must be in self-quarantine at home until tests for COVID-19 are complete for the employee and are negative. If the test comes back positive the employee must stay home until cleared by a doctor, likely a minimum of 14 days.
- Associates can work from home if their role allows and their manager/Executive Team member approve except those associates that need to be working in the building (as defined by the Executive Team manager).
- Associates must cancel team offsite or onsite training events that are not considered essential to running the company by management
- Associates must cancel local events that are not considered essential to the company
- No contractors are allowed in the Spectra Buildings without Executive Team member and CFO approval
Services Specific Policy
General requirements for onsite resources:
- Spectra Resources are prohibited from travel to any foreign countries with State Department Level 3 or higher advisory.
- Also prohibited is travel to US COVID-19 locations with community transmission defined as “Yes” by the CDC is prohibited for employees or Spectra Visitors (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html)
- Any associate traveling to a customer site will be symptom free from illness for over 48 hours prior to the site visit. We ask that those working with our team onsite conform to the same standard. Where this is not possible we will postpone the engagement until a time that is safer for all involved.
- Some locations and situations could see indefinite delays for onsite resources under some circumstances.
Specific Services Requirements:
- Break Field Services – We will continue to leverage our service providers as our first line of resolution of field issues. This is contingent to third-party service provider possible restrictions to visit sites in specific regions. These restrictions could be imposed by the local administration or by the end-users being serviced. Spectra Logic will consistently apply best-effort to make sure that, despite the circumstances, SLAs are met per customer service contract.
- Fly and fix Services – Whenever a field issue is not addressed within the SLA, Spectra Logic, at its own discretion, may engage Spectra Logic support/engineering resources at the customer site to address a critical service issue. These restrictions may cause extended downtime to Spectra customer systems and possible delays in resolution of field issues.
- Spectra Phone Support – Spectra will offer full continuity of phone support operations even in the event of mandatory shut down of Spectra call center facilities. All employees at any Tier of Support is fully enabled to work remotely and 24×7 phone support operations will continue without interruptions.
- Professional Services Operations – Spectra professional services will continue to provide onsite pre and post sales services for our customers and prospects within the constraints above. When onsite work is not possible we will attempt to provide remote completion of the engagement to minimize delays. This may require additional coordination of customer resources as a tradeoff with resource delays. All resources will continue to be available via phone as necessary.
Spectra Logic will continue to strive to provide the highest quality of services to our customers during the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus.