Yesterday morning, Spectra Logic launched a press release announcing its tenth consecutive year of profitability at the close of 2016. As we reflect on the past calendar year, Spectra sure has a lot to celebrate. We accomplished a lot in 2016, and are looking forward to an equally successful 2017.
Here is a recap of some of our top achievements:
1) BlackPearl Clients: In 2016, we introduced exciting new BlackPearl integrations with Cyberduck, Ceph and Lustre. These new clients make it easy for customers to move data to Spectra’s deep storage appliances, greatly reducing the cost and complexity of storing data in long-term archives. Spectra also certified several BlackPearl clients for Media and Entertainment in 2016, including Avid, CatDV, Imagen, EMAM, and Marquis. Visit the Spectra Logic Developer Program website for BlackPearl developer resources.
2) Customer Wins: Several customers deployed Spectra deep storage solutions in 2016, including NBC Olympics, Smoke & Mirrors, and University of Leeds. Spectra is proud to offer its products and services to prominent organizations around the globe, across several vertical markets.
3) Society’s Genome: Spectra Logic’s CEO, Nathan Thompson, and colleagues John Kranz and Bob Cone, published a new book, “Society’s Genome: Genetic Diversity’s Role in Digital Preservation.” Kindle and paperback versions are available for purchase on Amazon here, and the eBook is also available for download through Barnes and Noble and iTunes.
4) Product Announcements: Spectra introduced the world’s largest capacity tape library, Spectra TFinity ExaScale, in 2016, and expanded our BlackPearl family with two new products: BlackPearl V Series and BlackPearl P Series. We also announced several technological enhancements to BlackPearl, including public cloud storage, replication and faster access to content, and the consolidation of our Verde NAS products into one single solution, supporting three different drive types.
5) Partnership with HPE: At Discover London 2016, Spectra Logic and HPE announced a new partnership. HPE will now offer to two new Spectra tape archive solutions to its customers – HPE T950 and HPE TFinity ExaScale Edition. These solutions are optimized for large enterprises that require scalability, low costs, simplified management and reliable long-term retention to manage ExaScale capacities.
6) Events: Spectra attended more than 30 industry events during its spring and fall trade show seasons. We had a number of products on display in our own booths and our partner’s booths, were up for several awards, and had speaking slots at notable events such as NAB Show, ISC West, and Avid Connect.