This week, the Spectra Logic team travelled to beautiful Salt Lake City to exhibit at one of our largest industry trade shows of the entire year, Supercomputing. Also referred to as SC16, Supercomputing is an international conference for high performance computing, networking storage, and analysis. More than 11,000 people attended this year’s show, with hundreds paying a visit to Spectra’s booth. Our executive team met with Spectra end users, partners, press and analysts from around the world, all coming together to discuss why #HPCMatters. Here’s a summary of Spectra’s promotions at the event, #ICYMI:
In conjunction with SC16, Spectra Logic released three press announcements.
- University of Leeds: The University of Leeds selected a Spectra T950 Tape Library with LTO-6 drives and media, coupled with a Verde Disk Solution for its HPC data storage needs. Spectra is currently showcasing the customer win on the front page of its website. Read our Leeds University customer case study to learn more.
- Ceph Integration: The Laureate Institute for Brain Research (LIBR) developed an integration between its Ceph clustered file system storage environment and Spectra BlackPearl Deep Storage Gateway. The new integration is designed for both backup and archive, significantly reducing backup windows and allowing users to affordably store data for a seemingly indefinite period of time.
Other highlights from the week included…
- Spectra Logic exhibited at SC16 in Booth #1401, and also had products on display in our partner’s booths: DDN (#1931) and Globus (#436).
- Products in Spectra’s booth included: TFinity ExaScale Edition Tape Library (5-frames) with custom skins, full rack including T380, BlackPearl, ArcticBlue, Verde DPE, and the High Performance Transporter (HPT) demo tabletop.
- Spectra’s TFinity ExaScale Edition Tape Library was nominated for an HPCwire Readers’ Choice Award, in the category of “Best HPC Storage Product or Technology.”
- Spectra hosted a Happy Hour event with Partners Globus and Cray on Wednesday, Nov 16th from 6:00-8:00pm, featuring our first ever “TweetUp” social media campaign on Twitter.
Another year in a row, Supercomputing was a huge success for Spectra Logic. We look forward to returning again next year!