By: Betsy Doughty
As always, the month of April has been a whirlwind of a month for Spectra, crammed full with trade shows, product launches, company announcements, and more! Four of Spectra’s most important trade shows, ISC West, Avid Connect, NAB Show and Globus World, all took place during April this year, and we also distributed five press announcements worldwide throughout the month. In case you missed it (#ICYMI), here are the top five Spectra announcements that occurred during April:
- Spectra Verde DPE Named Best of Video Surveillance Storage at SIA’s 2016 New Product Showcase at ISC West – This year at ISC West, the nation’s largest physical security industry event, Spectra’s Verde DPE received the SIA New Product Showcase award for best for Video Surveillance Storage. Spectra is honored to have received an SIA NPS award two years in a row, and looks forward to being in the running again next year!
- Spectra Logic Given 5-Star Rating in CRN’s 2016 Partner Program Guide – On April 11th, Spectra announced that it received a 5-Star rating in CRN’s 2016 Partner Program Guide. SpectraEDGE, Spectra Logic’s tiered channel partner program, provides education, partner development, account registration, and a full suite of deep storage products that complete Spectra partner’s storage offerings. SpectraEDGE was launched in 2008 and has won the CRN 5-Star Award six times.
- NBC Olympics Selects Spectra Logic to Provide Video Archive Services for Production of 2016 Olympic Games in Rio – Mid-April, Spectra Logic announced that its products would be used for video archive and disaster recovery during the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio. NBC Olympics will have two T50e libraries onsite at the Olympics, and also has an eight-frame Spectra TFinity and T950 tape library at its data center in Stamford, CT.
- Spectra Logic Announces BlackPearl Enhancements and BlackPearl Certification – On the first day of NAB Show, April 18th, Spectra Logic announced several feature enhancements to its BlackPearl Deep Storage Gateway, along with the launch of its Client Certification Program. Spectra partners Marquis, CatDV, Tiger Technology, IPV and Empress MAM were all quoted in the release, describing how their products integrate with BlackPearl.
- Spectra Logic Unveils the World’s Largest Capacity Tape Library – On April 19th at NAB Show, Spectra Logic announced the launch of TFinity ExaScale Edition, the world’s largest capacity tape library. Tfinity ExaScale Edition offers unparalleled technological features and up to an Exabyte of storage. Spectra end user NASA was quoted in the release, as well as Spectra CTO Matt Starr (@StarrFiles).
Keep an eye out for additional Spectra announcements throughout the year, on our company press room page. Also, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and Instagram for daily Spectra updates.
Betsy Doughty is the senior director of marketing at Spectra Logic. Follow her on Twitter @betsydoughty.