The systems engineers on Spectra Logic’s Professional Services team have many responsibilities from project management, to pre-sales activities and post-sales activities. When it comes to post-sales activities, one of the biggest responsibilities is performing hardware installations of our tape libraries at customer sites.
Below is a checklist of requirements end users should ensure vendors offer when they are shopping for a tape library. This is designed as a resource to know what to expect and a reference through the installation process of your new hardware.
- Vendor provides dedicated point of contact in support, sales and shipping.
- Thorough site survey to outline all aspects about your unique architecture.
- Pre-arrival discussion to outline everything from physical clearance for the install, power requirements, switch configurations, HBA configurations, network connectivity, and logistics.
- Upon arrival on site, vendor will perform an inventory check to ensure all appropriate items have been shipped.
- Conduct the physical installation of the equipment using laser levelers to confirm that the equipment is installed with within tolerance of slope and alignment.
Spectra Professional Services team conducts a customer installation
- Equipment will be evaluated to verify that code levels, host, drivers and firmware are up to date.
- Run an overnight test and conduct performance tuning and adjustments.
- Host integration and burn testing. This process is typically conducted overnight for the engineer to have a baseline of logs for the next day.
- Training over the remote management and the hardware will occur the second day. This training will cover all aspects of the BlueScale interface along with all FRU parts replacement.
- When the installation is complete, the customer should receive a trip report summary of activities completed by the installing engineer outlining all items performed during the install and recommendations for their records.
At Spectra Logic, we give this attention to detail in our thorough, methodical installation process for all products to ensure exceptional customer satisfaction. We take pride in providing the best professional services support for our customers and will go the extra mile to ensure the success of the implementation.
If you have any questions for Spectra Logic Professional Services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 1-800-833-1132.