by Mark Weis
You are approaching the end of federal buying season (tips here) just as Spectra Logic is wrapping up a record 2011 fiscal year (our CEO’s comments are here.) As a company, we achieved 30 percent overall growth and 49 percent growth in enterprise tape sales. Now is a good time for my annual State of the Union address- to relay what end users are reporting from the field, and share why Spectra Logic Federal revenues grew an astronomical 42 percent over this same time period last year. This combination will supply insight to the healthy contribution that Federal has made to the company’s recent achievements.
1. IT managers in Federal data centers know it’s not practical to maintain all of their data on costly, constantly spinning disk systems. The power-friendly nature of tape coupled with its cost effective benefits for long-term storage simply make sense.
2. For those who oversee the “bigger picture”- as in managing the entire data center- archiving on tape is a smart way to reduce your overall IT spend.
3. High capacity and performance is demanded at data-intensive enterprises and HPC sites within Federal agencies. We’ve seen an increased interest in both subcategories within Federal this past year.
5. This fiscal year, we’re growing our presence with US Military bases and systems integrators overseas by expanding our Federal program with increased staffing, events and special programs in Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
6. We are Federal friendly. Spectra Logic is classified as a small business, we manufacture our storage products in the USA, hold our own GSA schedule, are listed on many federal purchasing contracts, and have developed expertise about your specific needs since we established the Federal division in 2004.
Spectra Logic Federal is currently hiring sales representatives and business development specialists in Boulder, Colo. and Washington, D.C. Current openings can be foundhere.