World’s Highest-Capacity and Highest-Density Storage System Stores Digital Archive Data in a Single System, with High Availability Features and Power Efficient Design
BOULDER, Colo.—January 12, 2010—Spectra Logic, celebrating 30 years of data storage innovation, announced today its TFinity™ enterprise tape library was named Product of the Year in the Professional Media and Entertainment Storage category at the ninth annual Storage Visions Conference. The TFinity’s modern architecture was recognized for its unique ability to meet the demanding digital archiving requirements of the content-intensive media and entertainment industry.
Key competitive features that contributed to the Spectra TFinity award recognition include:
- Highest density: At 72 TB per square foot, the TFinity is the world’s highest density tape library, optimizing use of expensive data center floor space. TFinity is up to 70 percent higher density than competitive offerings.
- Significant OpEx/CapEx Savings. The TFinity saves customers up to 30 percent on initial capital investments and 15 to 20 percent on annual recurring operational expenses.
- Most Scalable: TFinity scales up to 180PB in a single library, offering almost 200 percent more capacity in a single library than leading competitors.
- High Availability: Delivers up to 99.99% availability through redundant dual robotics, redundant control and communication paths, and multiple redundant components that increase uptime and support high exchange rate workloads.
- Most Power Efficient: The TFinity tape library uses 50 percent or less power per unit of data stored than competitive offerings, minimizing power and cooling costs.
"Spectra Logic continues to deliver on its commitment to the media and entertainment market," said Hossein ZiaShakeri, senior vice president of strategic alliances and business development at Spectra Logic. "The Spectra TFinity digital tape archive is uniquely suited to media and entertainment environments due to its scalability, unmatched ease of use, and extensive proactive monitoring capabilities that ensure constant uptime. We are honored to receive the 2010 Storage Visions award."
The 2010 Storage Visions Awards recognize companies that are advancing the state of the art storage technologies utilized in consumer electronics, the media and entertainment industries, and visionary products for the digital content value chain.
About the Spectra TFinity
In November 2009, Spectra Logic introduced the industry’s largest and most efficient enterprise tape library, the Spectra TFinity™. The TFinity tape library ensures enduring access to archive and backup data by delivering multiple, redundant robots and scaling to more than 180PB of storage in a single library complex. The TFinity is targeted for use in data-intensive environments such as large enterprise IT backup, federal government data centers, high performance computing (HPC) archives and media/entertainment archives. Spectra TFinity delivers enterprise tape library advancements based on a modern design that saves cost while increasing confidence in data integrity and availability on tape.
Pricing and Availability
The list price for the Spectra TFinity begins at $218,500, and includes two LTO-4 fibre channel drives, two robots, encryption, Spectra library lifecycle management and BlueScale™ management software.
About Spectra Logic Corporation
At Spectra Logic we define, design and deliver innovative data protection through tape, deduplication and disk-based backup, recovery and archive storage solutions. By igniting innovation we challenge expectations of the data protection market with intelligent, integrated, and simple to use backup and archive technologies. Throughout our 30-year history we have delivered high-density, feature rich storage with unmatched service and support to customers worldwide. For more information, visit www.SpectraLogic.com.
Kathleen Sullivan, 303-439-9365
Linda Dellett, 303-439-9398
Spectra and the Spectra Logic logo are registered trademarks of Spectra Logic Corporation. All rights reserved worldwide. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.